Tired of working for a corporate mechanic shop doing the same thing day in and day out? Are you looking for more independence, less micro-managing, more variety?
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair construction equipment, dump trucks, and pickups. We are looking for someone who’s worked at a large shop like Boyer Truck, I-State Truck, Nuss Truck, Allstate, Ziegler CAT, Hayden Murphy, RMS, General Equipment, Ruffridge-Johnson, etc.; that can bring their skills and organization to our shop.
You and our existing skilled mechanic will work together to run our 2-man shop: dividing up the repairs to be done each week, working together on more complicated projects, logging repair and non-repair hours, and working with management and each other to improve efficiencies and maintenance. Apply Now
The responsibilities of the Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Performing repairs on all types of machinery, including skid steers, pavers, rollers, dump trucks, trailers, and pickups.
- Inspecting equipment to ensure that it is safe to use, performing maintenance on machines as needed, and troubleshooting problems with equipment operation.
- Diagnosing problems with equipment to determine causes and solutions.
- Maintaining equipment performance by performing regular maintenance checks, including oil changes, tire rotation, brakes, and fluid levels
- Performing repairs on engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, steering systems, clutches, hydraulics, and other components
- Installing new equipment such as engines and transmissions, or removing old equipment and replacing it with new components
- Repairing and replacing parts such as engines, brakes, wheels, axles, bearings, transmission assemblies, electrical wiring, hydraulic hoses, and sheet metal panels
- Performing preventative maintenance such as lubricating moving parts or greasing machinery
- Basic ongoing maintenance / repair of paving equipment.
- Work with shop mechanic and management to maintain schedules and priorities.
- Preform onsite maintenance calls when needed by crews.
- Track time and parts on a computer system for each job to evaluate job costs analysis.
- Spring and winter maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Work with your fellow shop mechanic to delegate work, work together on larger projects, and maximize each other’s skills and efficiencies
Education, Training and Certifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- D.O.T Certification required
- Previous mechanic experience
- Paving equipment experience is a plus
- Class D Driver’s License required
- Class A preferred (if you don’t have one, you will be required to get one once hired)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a shop with heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Engine rebuilds
- Welding steel and aluminum
- Track repair, maintenance, and replacement
- Small engine repair
- Clutch adjustment and replacement
- Carburetor repair and adjustment
- Drum and disc brake adjustment and replacement
- Axle repair
- Radiator repair and replacement
- Hydraulic ram replacement
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Accountability and dependability
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Attention to detail
- Organized and orderly
- High energy, and ability to manage stress
- Working Conditions
- Out of town travel is sometimes required.
- Overtime as required
- Work is sometimes performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS. on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Schedule: 8 hour shift Monday to Friday Overtime
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belle Plaine, MN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Heavy equipment repair: 5 years (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 5 years (Required)
- Work Location: In person